Recanat Winery has been awarded 90 or more points by the Wine Enthusiast for no less than ten wines. This is an astonishing performance of quality and consistency across the range. Included in this was a score of 94 points for the Recanati Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve 2011 and two scores of 93 points for both the Recanati Special Reserve 2012 and the Recanati Shiraz Upper Galilee 2014. The Wine Enthusiast ids one of the most respected wine magazines.
This follows meteoric results for the winery in all the world?s most famous forums in the last two years. Particularly noteworthy is the success at every level and price point. Just look at the achievements.
- Recanati Yasmin Red received 90 points and a ?Best Value? notation from the Wine Enthusiast. An outstanding score for an entry level wine.
- The Recanati Cabernet Sauvignon Upper Galilee became only the second Israeli wine ever to be selected in the Wine Spectator?s Top 100 Wines of the Year. The Wine Spectator is the world?s most famous wine magazine.
- The Recanati Wild Carignan Reserve and Petite Sirah Reserve were selected by Berry Bros. of London, arguably the most famous wine shop in the world and certainly the most historic.
- Recanati Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve received 94 points in the Wine Enthusiast, the highest ever score for an Israeli wine.
- Three Recanati wine scored 92 points in Robert Parker?s Wine Advocate. The wines were the prestige Recanati Special Reserve (twice) and the Wild Carignan Reserve. Only a few Israeli wines have managed to score 92 points or more. Robert Parker is the world?s leading wine critic.
- The newly published ?Wine Route of Israel? picked out the flagship wine, the prestige Recanati Special Reserve, as ?arguably the most prominent Israeli award winner in recent years.?
- Hugh Johnson?s Pocket Wine Book 2016 awarded Recanati Winery with two to three stars. (Two stars is ?above average?. Three is ?well known, highly reputed.?) Hugh Johnson is the world?s leading wine writer.
Recanati Winery was founded in 2000 by Lenny Recanati from the famous industrialist and philanthropic family. The winery is situated in the Hefer Valley in the Sharon Plain, but most of their vineyards are situated in the Upper Galilee. They produce roughly a million bottles a year under the following labels: Yasmin, Upper Galilee, Reserve and Special Reserve. The winemaker is Gil Shatzberg (ex Carmel & Amphorae) who studied in California and he is supported by Ido Lewinsohn, who studied in Italy.
Witness the golden age of Recanati!